Saturday 2 July 2016

When Things Don't Go To Plan. Success is not a staircase but a mountain range.

Okay, so that's quite a long title but it's a complicated issue. June 30th was the launch of my newest Contemporary YA, 'I Defy You Stars' - which is part of the Shakespeare Collection. Wanting to take the next step on my author journey, and to push myself way out of my comfort zone, I set about organising a really exciting micro-signing project with the idea that my brave step into the unknown would inspire others to take a similar leap.

Well I did leap, and this is what happened. I ended up (not only with an awesome YouTube thumbnail - don't you just love having just 3 to choose from, and trust me, this was the best) but inspiring fellow authors in a way I hadn't quite expected.

So to all of you who think that being a rock star author is simply a matter of putting one foot in front of the other on that steep incline to success, here's my story.


No comments:

Post a Comment